Android Emulator for PC is a great piece of software which can turn your windows 7, windows 8 and even windows 10 based PC into an android device. You don’t need an android device for running android apps or games. If you are interested in running android games and apps in your PC, then having android emulator is must for you! We also know that performance matters the most than looks. Although we do need descent graphics and features for appropriate functioning. So I have compiled this post covering every aspect which needs to be there in so-called andro emulator.
Android PC Emulator, which is the basic element for running any android game or app in Windows based PC, requires you to have genuine and quality ones because it can save. lot of your time and effort. The single and most important step which you need to take towards running any android app on your PC requires, that you use the best and high quality android emulator. Our main aim is to help you in finding the best android emulator and give you all the details you need to know about that.
This is an in-depth guide to help you in finding the best emulator of android according to your need. But before proceeding I would like to throw some light on some of the technical aspects of android emulator.
What is Android Emulator?
Android Emulator is basically a simulator for PC which includes a virtual mobile device that runs on your computer. It helps you in running and testing android applications without using any physical device.
Best Android Emulator For PC
Finally we come to the section where we will be listing some of the best android emulators for Windows 7 and 8 available till date. Most of the emulators are compatible up to Windows 10 ranging from windows XP. There are various android emulators for PC but all are not so great. Either they lack behind in User Interface or performance. So choosing the best emulator for your PC can take a heck of time. So I decided to list down some of the best android emulators for PC so that you don’t have hard time finding the best one for yourself. The list presented below is an unbiased list and took into account various aspects of a successful emulating machine.
Note: Some of the emulators available in the market can slow down your computer so always choose the best and leave the rest.
AMIDuOS is a premium software which costs $10, and runs any android app or game on your Windows based PC very smoothly. It even has added support for various peripherals like webcam, keyboard, controllers etc. It comes with latest android OS Jelly Bean installed for faster and better user interface. Although it is a paid software whose license costs $10 for lifetime but it’s worth spending that much for faster and better android machine.
- Smoother and Faster Performance.
- Root Mode support.
- Full sensor support.
- Resource Intensive and License costs $10.
Andy – The Android Emulator is also an at par android simulator for PC which comes with some unique inbuilt features not supported by other emulators like while paying games in your P.C. you can use your phone as remote control. This emulator will make your devices remote controlled. Best example is that you can install apps in your Andyroid emulator directly from your P.C. browser.
- It’s simply free
- Simple user interface.
- Can be controlled from phone. x86 as well as ARM Support.
- Slow performance
- Resource intensive.
GenyMotion is one of the most advanced and robust Android emulator for PC and probably can beat any emulator available in the market when configured to its potential. It’s much faster than Bluestacks which is by far the most famous android emulator available for free in the market. GenyMotion which is built on x86 framework supports OpenGL as well as hardware acceleration. It requires virtual machine to be installed. Genymotion is available in both free as well as paid versions. Best thing is that you can install any app by just dragging and dropping into genymotion screen becasuse it support drag and drop installtion. Genymotion also supports multiple shared folders between virtual machine and host which can he accessed at /mnt/shared directory.
- Smooth performance.
- Supports titanium toolchain.
- Support hardware accelerated devices.
- Virtualbox needs to be installed.
Droid4X is perhaps one of the best andro emulator for PC and newest too. It comes with a real power and features for users to explore. Droid4X is one fastest emulators available in market for PC. Droid4x comes with lot of features like play store installed, pre-rooted, keyboard configuration and lots more. Droid4x is certainly the best android emulator when it comes to virtual android emulation. It gives you a feel like you are running an actual android device. This emulator is perfectly suited for those who doesn’t have android device but want to feel it.
- Available for free, costs nothing.
- Simple install process.
- Mimics Android Device perfectly.
- Needs OpenGL support.
Bluestacks is the most popular andro emulator for Windows 7 when it comes to features and user interface on a free android emulator. Bluestacks is available in free as well as paid version. It supports one-click-installation with both online as well as offline installers available. Installing third part apps is just a piece of cake. Best thing is that virtual machine like virtual-box is not required. It has only and only one demerit of lagging every now and then even in high to medium end computers.
- Supports most of the games and apps.
- Less RAM usage.
- One click installation.
- Lacks in performance.
- Requires installing sponsored apps or you need to pay $2.
Windroy has really come a step forward in development of android emulator because it is based on Windows kernel. Yes, Windroy runs purely on windows kernel. Windroy doesn’t require any virtual machine to run. It is very light weight emulator of android for windows 7 and up and quite handy to use. Latest and updated version of Windroy comes with GApps support so you don’t have to worry about playstore. Windroy is technically not very sound android emulator but it can certainly do any task even on low end computers.
- Runs on windows kernal.
- No virtualbox required.
- Amazing app compatibility.
- Screen shakes mildly throught emulation.
Each of the android emulator posted above are offline emulators which requires their software to be installed on PC before running which is not so in Manymo. Manymo is a web based online android emulator for PC which works on most modern web browsers. Best thing is that you can access this emulator from anywhere and any computer as it’s a web based android emulator. Manymo provides limited features to its unregistered user while registerd user can use some of the most advanced tools like Eclipse, IDEA and Android SDK. You know what registering an account for Manymo is free. You can visit manymo.com for creating a new account.
- No installation required.
- Highly portable android simulator.
- Works only on Modern and Updated browsers.
- Fast internet connection required.
#8 Jar Of Beans
Jar Of Beans is an android simulator available for Windows, Linux and Mac which is still in beat. JOB supports HAXM (Hardware Acceleration Execution Manager) and is based on rooted Jelly Beans. Although it claims to support GPU acceleration but gives poor performance when GPU acceleration is tuned on. One peculiar thing is that you can run this emulator in any screen resolution. One major demerit of Jar Of Beans is that it can not use RAM more then 512 MB. If by any means this number increases then JOB crashes. Every emulator of android has one or two best things about them and JOB is no different as Jar Of Beans allows seamless mouse integration which is not available in other emulators.
- Lightweight emulator.
- Available for Windows, Linux as well as Mac
- Supports Intel HAXM.
- Frequent Crashes
- Low performance.
Essential Tips & Tutorials
Using Virtual Box
Some the emulators listed above requires virtual box to be installed before they can be used so I have compiled a brief tutorial for virtualbox. This tutorial is will provide all the basics details essential for setting up and running virtual box successfully on your PC.
Note: Before firing up virtual box installation process keep the ISO file of windows 7/8 ready. We would be using that during installation purpose.
- Step 1: First of all install virtualbox on your windows PC by running setup file and following on screen instructions.
- Step 2: After successful installation of VirtualBox, you will see a VirtualBox icon on desktop. Click on the icon and open VirtualBox.
- Step 3: In the VirtualBox box home screen you will see a sun icon in blue color on the left. Click on that to open a new dialogue.
- Step 4: Give your virtual machine a name and select the OS which you want to install. Now click on ”Next” button.
Note: I would suggest you to name your virtual machine as windows 7 so that VirtualBox can automatically adjust to appropriate settings.
- Step 4: Select the amount of RAM which you want to assign to your virtual machine. You can drag down the pointer to adjust the amount of RAM.
- Step 5: For creating a new virtual disk in your device after adjusting the RAM size click on ”Next” button. After clicking on the Next button a new tab will open. Click on ”Next”.
- Step 6: Now select the option stating ” Dynamically Expanding Storage” in the opened window and click ”Next”. Again click ”Next” button and finally click on ”Finish” button on the remaining two windows that follow.
- Step 7: Now visit setting page of your new virtual machine and disable or enable features according to your need.
- Step 8: Run your virtual machine by dubble clicking. A few dialog boxes will appear. Among those there will be one dialog box stating ”First Run Wizard”.
- Step 9: In ”First Run Wizard” dialog box select the path of ISO file which you want to install in your virtual machine. You can use the green arrow to navigate to to the destination folder.
- Step 10: After selecting the destination folder, click on ”Next” button for the final time and Windows 7 will start installing.
- Step 11: Keep checking the progress of installation as during installation it will ask for some info.
By following all the above information carefully and correctly, you can successfully create virtual machine on your device.
Some if the emulators like AMIDuOS requires OpenGL support for proper functioning. So use the steps below to enable OpenGL.
- Step 1: First of all download correct driver from manufacturer’s website.
Note: Take appropriate precautions while downloading driver as wrong driver can hamper your device.
- Step 2: Right click on the driver’s setup file, and click on properties.
- Step 3: Click on Compatibility tab in the pop up screen and under compatibility mode there will be a box stating ”Run this program in compatibility mode for”. Check that box and select your operating system. For eg: windows 7, windows 8 etc.
- Step 4: Also check the box stating ”Run this program as an administrator” under privileges in the same window.
- Step 5: Finally click on ”OK” button and proceed with driver installation.
These are some of the best emulators for PC available in the market right now. There are some more emulators who posed a great challenge to the emulators mentioned above and those include Youwave, Xamarin etc. Some of you might be thinking why Youwave is not there in this list. That’s just because it costs more than it should which is $19.99 and runs Ice-cream Sandwich. So I didn’t added Youwave to this list. You are free to choose and try out any of these android emulators. If you face any difficulty in choosing or operating any of these emulators, then just drop a comment below. And don’t forget to share your views on this topic.
Tags: Android emulator for pc free download, andro emulator for windows 7, play android games on pc, android emulator for pc download, android emulators pc, download android emulator pc, andro emulator pc free, android game emulator pc, best free android emulator pc.